TUESDAY, MAY 14
Gràcia’s history workshop
7.30pm “Classics of science fiction”.
Presentation and screening of the film Tarantula (1955) directed by Jack Arnold
- Original title Tarantula
- Yeara 1955.
- Duration 80 min.
- Country Estats Units.
- Direction Jack Arnold
- Scriptwriter Martin Berkeley, Robert M. Fresc (History: Jack Arnold, Robert M. Fresc)
- Music Henry Mancini, Herman Stein
- Photography George Robinson
- Casting John Agar, Mara Corday, Leo G. Carroll, Nestor Paiva, Ross Elliott, Edwin Rand, Raymond Bailey, Hank Patterson, Bert Holland, Steve Darrell, Clint Eastwood
- Producer Universal International Pictures (UI)
In an isolated laboratory, Professor Gerald Deemer works in a food that would help alleviate hunger that threatens to cause population growth. His experiments have led to certain results; but at the expense of serious disappointments. A day that has absent, two of his colleagues inject the food, with frightful consequences leading them progressively to death, which seems to be Acromegaly. One of both dies, while the other attacks the professor and injects the product before dying. During his battle, a giant tarantula that also received an injection leaves his cage. Since then, it does not stop
Presented by Acontraplano
All activities are free and will be carried out at the workshops of Historia de Gràcia.